Fitness Friday: Week One
I made it through my first week, y’all! I started the weight-loss program through my hospital and it’s challenging a lot of my thinking. This week has been pretty big for me though!Â
- Within two days of starting the program, I noticed that theÂ constant swelling of my feet and legs that hasn’t gone away since I was pregnant with Tobin went away! My hands are also significantly less swollen (which is great for putting on my wedding ring).
- Zero sweets/sugar for the week. This one is really my biggest challenge. If I didn’t love candy and pastry like I do, I wouldn’t be fat. I’m not exaggerating. I don’t overeat meals, I overeat candy and sweet junk. So, for me to go an entire week without added sugar or candy is huge.
- The program asks us to drink at least 60 ounces of this concoction they call H2Orange (seven parts water to one part orange juice with a package of Crystal Light powder for flavor). I’ve had a full gallonÂ every day this week. Which also explains the awesome disappearance of the swelling.
- Weight…I’ve lost three pounds this week! I’m so excited y’all! I know a lot of this is water weight and I have a lot more to lose, but I’m taking my successes as they come.
- Inches…This really blew me away, but I’ve lost 10.75 total inches this week. What?!? It came off everywhere except my arms. I was stunned when I measured this morning.
- I really, really wanted some candyÂ on Wednesday. Thankfully I have some great support folk who talked me down. But it was the first hard core craving I had this week.
- I’m spending a significant amount of time in the bathroomÂ from all that H2Orange. But yay for no swelling!
- I don’t eat dinner with the family any more. I mean, I still hang out with them while they are eating, but I don’t get hungry for dinner until much later in the evening than they eat, so I don’t eat with them.
I’m sure I’ll be reading this post later, when the pounds and inches are coming off so quickly, but I’m savoring the success this week!Â How did your week go?
CONGRATS Sherry!!! That’s an awesome first week! Once you give up the sugar, eventually you won’t crave it anymore…at least that’s what I’m told. I haven’t been able to give up my splenda in my coffee or the diet drinks. I’m so excited for you!
Heather~Thanks! I’ve still had a diet soda once a day this week, but that is so much better than my 8,000 a day (I’m only slightly exaggerating).
Great job Sherry! Keep it up. I know it sounds crazy but I think that it has a large part to what Heather said about the food and sweets. We gave up the red meat when at home thing (this way I can still get a steak occasionally 😉 and I love meat but I find even when I eat a burger, it doesn’t sit well. Keep it up!
Renee~Thanks so much!
I lost a little over three lbs.
Successes: I resisted fast food the entire week. Thesis huge for me. I even forgot my packed lunch one day which would normally mean a trip through the trusty drive through but I opted for a turkey and lettuce on whole wheat at a local sandwich shop instead. I also reached my weekly fitness goal of exercising every morning M-Th.
Challenges: still working on cutting down the amount of coffee I drink and therefore the sugar I put in it. I love coffee.
Way to go Sherry! I am always amazed even after just a week how ugh better I feel.
Keep up the good work.
Christie~Great job! It’s all about winning the little battles with ourselves 🙂
Congratulations! You can do it, and it is worth it. Not for the number on the scale but for the FEELING better. It is amazing how different you’ll feel. Keep it up!
I can already tell, which is why the swelling going away made such a difference. I love it!
So very proud of you!!! You know you can call/text/tweet anytime!! Keep up the great work!!
Thanks so much Greis!
Way to go!!! Curious about this H2Orange thing…? Why that specifc blend rather than just water? Also very curious about your entire “secret” plan. 🙂
The program I’m doing is called Naturally Slim http://www.naturallyslim.com It’s really about retraining your body to only eat until you are comfortably full. I know that sounds simple, but I tend to binge eat, so not eating when I’m not hungry (my real challenge) and stopping when I’m full (not as big a challenge for me) is a big deal.
The H2Orange is designed to keep your sugar at a consistent level through the day (that’s why the oj is added). That amount of juice had just enough sugar to give you energy and keep you from feeling so hungry without being a sugary drink.
I’m starting to figure out, that when I stay hydrated, I’m really only hungry once a day.