Fitness Friday: Week Two
Week two is done! This week was more difficult than I expected, but I made it through. Here’s the breakdown:
- I’m sleeping better. This is a huge one for me. I know that a big part of this is that I’m having almost zero caffeine now that I’m not drinking as many diet sodas. I may have one with lunch, but that’s the most (and that’s not even every day).
- I’m not as tired during the day. I have so much more energy during the day and I’m not crashing in the late afternoon like I usually do.
- I’m still managing to drink the gallon of H2Orange every day.
- Weight…I have lost three more pounds (that’s 6.6 total so far).
- Inches…I lost another 1.5 inches! My abdomen measured an inch bigger than last week, but I’m not stressing as I fully expect that to be an area that fluctuates a lot.
- Sugar…as I mentioned last week, sugar and sweets are my biggest challenge. I had a serving of peach cobbler at my Grandma’s house last weekend and a candy apple yesterday. I’m not happy about this, but knowing I’m in the for the long haul, I’m trying not to let it be a huge downer.
- Eating when I’m not hungry. The major point of the program I am on is to retrain yourself to know when you are really hungry and to only eat at those times. Twice this week I’ve eaten when I wasn’t hungry, but rather because it was “time” to eat. Each of those times I’ve eaten a normal portion and I’ve still felt sick to my stomach afterward. Ooooohhhh, so you’re only supposed to eat when you’re hungry!
- Sugar. This is Easter weekend, y’all. With all the treats and sweets that implies.
So, how was this week for you?
Woo hoo! Way to go, love! 😀
I’ve… stalled. I started a new job on Monday, so sat in an office chair for eight hours for the first time in four months. I then came home all gung-ho to get started! on! my new! GOOD HABIT! and jumped on the elliptical (even though my back was protesting), then did a bit of yoga (even though my back was trying to jump out of my body). I ended up in heap of tears on the kitchen floor. :-s
It’s SO tough because I know – for me – the best way to start/make a habit (a habit) is to pair it with something new so it just feels like part of my new routine. At the same time, pushing myself when my body clearly isn’t on board isn’t doing me any favours either. Blarg.
I understand your frustration. My ankle keeps me from doing all the exercise I want to do as well. We’ll get there, though. We. Will.
I’m so excited for you! I hate having to constantly worry about my weight. I remember when I was 18 and weighed 101 pounds and thought I was fat! What was I thinking?! I’m really curious about your no sugar part of your regime. Are you doing this for a certain period of time, as a cleanse kinda thing, or…? And what is the orange drink recipe? I’m currently doing weight watchers but have managed to only lose about 2 pounds in four weeks…but I’m determined to keep at it. Our recent adoption application requested that we include our height and weight. I already feel guilty feeling that my weight might have contributed to my infertility but I don’t want it to hinder our adoption. So, I”m starting over again today because after all, I am only one meal away from getting it right.
I was the same way as a teenager even though I was at my fittest ever! So, the no sugar thing is part of the first three weeks of the program I’m on. The people who created the program hold the view that there is no food (except sugar) that can make you fat (it’s not the food you eat, but the way and times you eat it). I’ll eventually get to have sugar again, but I’ll learn this week exactly how it interacts with our bodies. The orange drink is a 7:1 ratio (seven parts water to one part not-from-concentrate orange juice).
I know it’s frustrating not to lose when you’re working hard, but you can do it! Isn’t it crazy how much guilt we associate with our bodies and weight? The things we put on ourselves are not good. Keep it up, my friend 🙂
What’s the name of the program? Or is it a book?
It’s called â€Naturally Slimâ€. I’m taking it online and there is a text that goes with it. They have a site you can look at.