Hi everyone! Almost a year since I cut out my stomach, I can’t believe it! It’s been 11 months since I had Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) and the time has flown. November was a big slow-down for me in working out. I think after working out so much in October, I took a bit of a break. I still exercised at least 5 days a week, but that’s less than the month before.
I also had a fun NSV (non-scale victory) in November! My friend, Meghan and I went to Six Flags and rode so many rides. This might not sound like a big deal, but a year ago I wouldn’t have fit comfortably (if at all) in the seats and probably wouldn’t have felt safe if I had. Just the two of us went (shhh, don’t tell the kids), and it was so fun! Not to mention we got in a few good miles of walking. It was a really fun NSV you guys!
Not much has changed body-wise. My inches stayed the same as last month. I didn’t stick with the strength training, but am going to get back on that. I’m frustrated that I haven’t gotten to my goal of losing 100 pounds the first year, but I’m trying to not let it get to me too badly. I have decided after my January 7th weigh in (where it will be exactly a year since surgery), I’m going to put the scale in the attic for a while so I can’t weigh. I’ve become really fixated on the number on the scale, and knowing myself, that’s not a good thing.
So here’s the ol’ update:
Okay, that’s enough for now. Here are stats (for the last two months):
- Before VSG, I was 300 pounds and my measurements totaled 361.75 inches.
- My 1-month post-op numbers were: 266 pounds and 330 inches.
- My 2-month post-op numbers are: 250 pounds and 316.5 inches.
- My 3-month post-op numbers are: 237 pounds and 304 inches.
- My 4-month post-op numbers are: 230 pounds and 297.5 inches.
- My 5-month post-op numbers are: 228 pounds and 296 inches.
- My 6-month post-op numbers are: 221 and 289.25 inches.
- My 7-month post-op numbers are: 216 pounds and 283.75 inches.
- My 8-month post-op numbers are: 214 pounds and 280.5 inches.
- My 9-month post op numbers are: 214 pounds and 282.75 inches
- My 10-month post-op numbers are: 217 pounds and 280.25 inches
- My 11-month post-op numbers are: 213 pounds and 280.25 inches
- So, I’m down 87 pounds and 81.50 inches!
This is what a typical day looks like for me nutrition wise:
- 1 or 2 Premier Protein drinks (typically my breakfast and morning snack),
- 3 small meals,
- 100 oz. of liquid (this includes the protein drinks),
- B-12, calcium, multivitamin, and biotin,
- 60-80 grams of protein
As I always remind you guys, I’m not a medical professional, I’m just sharing my personal experience. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have though!
Here’s my comparison picture:
And Meghan and I risking our lives for 2 minutes of terror…